New features?

Coordinator
Oct 23, 2009 at 3:16 PM

Wht kind of new features do you want?

Multi account support for example?

Nov 5, 2009 at 6:51 PM

I think that the ability to add a sound alert to the gmail notification is an essential feature that is missing in a lot of notification apps.  I would love to see a setting for choosing what .wav to associated with new mail notifications.

Thank you.

Coordinator
Nov 6, 2009 at 6:04 AM

Excellent idea. Next step is to provide 3 new functionalities:

• sounds,
  • choose colors,
  • launch at start possibility.

Anything I forgot?

Nov 6, 2009 at 3:15 PM

You sure did! ;-)

In my personal opinion multi account support is essential.

Overall used icons are somewhat 'hazy'. Not really bright and crisp. But, maybe that's to your personal liking.

At this moment I cannot switch from gmail notifier plus but I would like to. Hope you will continue developing. Good luck!

Coordinator
Nov 6, 2009 at 5:57 PM

Can you propose some icons?

Nov 7, 2009 at 10:24 AM

Yes. See this link.

http://iconexpo.com/2009/02/free-gmail-icon-new-version/

No control panel and refresh icons, but will have a look for that too (if you wish).

Coordinator
Nov 7, 2009 at 11:18 AM

Great icon. I'll take it;-)

I need for Panel (ie configuration icon), Refresh and check update.

Nov 7, 2009 at 12:26 PM

You can find most of them here.

http://dryicons.com/free-icons/

Coordinator
Nov 8, 2009 at 10:37 AM

Sound notification have been added with release 1.1.0.0

Nov 10, 2009 at 2:59 PM

Multi account support would be nice for me!

Nov 16, 2009 at 5:02 PM
seb24 wrote:

Multi account support would be nice for me!

Agree. I use both gmail for personal mail and gmail for apps for my business, so it's a crucial feature for me.

Dec 4, 2009 at 12:43 PM

First of all, thanks for the great work. It's nice to see there is more software utilize the Windows 7 Taskbar. Anyway, I have a few suggestion:

1) The sound notification is nice, but is it possible to have an option to use the default Windows mail sound? Because in Windows 7 there are quite a number of sound scheme, which each scheme come with different sound for incoming mail, so I personally would like to have my incoming mail sound according to the sound scheme chosen. I am aware that we can manually choose the sound, but it will be a bit hassle if we want to change the sound scheme.

2) Is it possible to have the option - minimize when close (red X button) ? Because sometimes I tend to close the Windows instead of minimize after I check the mail, so everytime I have to run the software again after closing. I am sure it will be useful for other users too.

3) Perhaps on the jumplist, you can add several extra function like - write a new email, mark all as read etc. And the preview of the email can be more, instead of just the sender and the title; may be few words from the content itself could be helpful for rapid email checking.

That's all I would like to suggest, although I must say I am impress by the progress so far, and perhaps in the future you can extend it to other popular web-based mail as well. Thanks again and hope to see your reply soon!

Feb 5, 2010 at 4:04 AM

This is a great app and works perfectly fine on my laptop but on my netbook (running windows 7) I have the smaller taskbar enabled for screen real-estate, as a result I cannot see if I have any unread emails as it only shows the gmail logo. My only suggestion would be to implement what you have for the larger superrbar icon with the smaller version; or perhaps replacing the gmail logo with the number of unread emails there are?

Thanks again for an amazing product

May 12, 2010 at 4:55 PM

I would like a button to delete a message, and also a preview of the message (3 to 5 lines).

Thanks!